Saturday, September 01, 2007

Attorney for the actor says Owen Wilson had been taking antidepressants

Anti-depressants are well known for destructive side effects. So when actor Owen Wilson as admitted to the hospital, I was expecting them to show up. Finally here is the news tidbit I was expecting, from MSNBC

Police were called to Owen Wilson’s house after the actor slit his wrists. However, contrary to other reports, there was no drug overdose, an attorney for Wilson told “Access Hollywood.”

The attorney also told “Access” that the actor did not have his stomach pumped. The attorney said Wilson had been taking antidepressants, but was not aware of any other drugs in his system at the time of the incident.

While rumors quickly swirled over what sent the actor to the hospital, police call logs confirmed on Tuesday it was an “attempted suicide.” However, the Santa Monica City Attorney’s office has announced it will not be releasing the 911 call made regarding Wilson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked up a recent suicide in the Seattle area. SSRIs popped up again.

This is a seemingly endless pattern. I myself survived this after being self-destructive and reckless as hell following SSRI withdrawal. I cannot understand why I am still here, to be quite frank.

These drugs need to be made illegal ASAP. Our society will not be healthy again until they are.